header photo by Angela Josephine

Thursday, June 4, 2009

testing, testing

Hannah and Rachel are getting tested today using the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. Our dear friend and colleague, Miss T is here to test them and spend time talking with us. The girls were so excited that they had a hard time getting to sleep!

Nathanael and I have enjoyed some time reading together and making a "Sunny Day Cake". I don't know how many of you have read, "Thunder Cake" by Patricia Polacco, however it is a favorite in our house. Well, today is a sunny day for the first time in a long time, so we determined that today was a good day to make a "Sunny Day Cake"! We made a recipe from "The Mennonite Cookbook" called "Golden Sunshine Cake" and are in the process of writing a story for it. We plan on going to the potraviny (corner little grocery store) to get powdered sugar for the yellow frosting after we work on the book some more!

Amy and Matt are at school, preparing for their last week of school, exams, next week! Graduation is the 11th in the evening. There is a school picnic in a park on Friday and that will be the end of school for them! Hard to believe that Amy will be a senior and Matt a sophomore next year! We are proud of them as they have made many, many adjustments this year in going to an American system school, traveled 2 hours each way to school, lost many friends as they have moved to other countries, lost friends here in town due to their being gone in Prague so much, and done their best at school.

Keep praying for us as we seek God's will and timing for a move to Prague to make schooling easier for the kids as they grow older. They really need the encouragement of other believers in their lives, besides just mom and dad. Pray that they
would love God and follow Him with their whole hearts! As I write that I think, I could use that prayer as well! So, here's praying that you seek God and follow Him with your whole hearts this day and for as many tomorrows as you will be given.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Sunshine Cake idea! I think we made thunder cake once when the boys were small. You should illustrate and publish it!

Lots of milestone you are reaching! Praying for you all!! Congratulations!!!